Right size/right fit technology for your logistics and supply chain
Shipment and inventory management
PLG Consulting’s decades of unique expertise and experience include helping shippers assess needs and identify solutions for complete management and visibility of logistics and supply chain, including:
- Transportation Management Systems (TMS)
- Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Shipment Track and Trace (across all modes – railcar, truck, marine, and across multiple units of measure and SKUs)
- Sales and Operation Planning (S&OP) and transportation modules integrated with ERP systems
- Demand planning systems
- Asset management and maintenance systems
PLG Consulting is unaffiliated with any specific software or solution provider. As a result, we can provide you fully objective and impartial analysis and options development that is right size/right fit for your organization and business objectives. Whether focusing on improving operations, reducing costs, or both, let PLG Consulting help you implement the right technology to manage your supply chain and logistics.
How we do it
Our approach starts with a needs assessment based on an understanding of your overall business and commercial goals. From there we evaluate your current systems, processes, organization, resources, and requirements. We then identify suitable technology options consistent with PLG Consulting’s promise to provide you with solutions that are both practical and customized to your needs.
In addition to needs assessment and identifying suitable systems and solutions, PLG Consulting can support you with the full process of selection and implementation of technology solutions, including:
- Drafting of systems and services requirements
- RFP and bid processes
- Negotiation of price, terms, and conditions from software and solutions providers
- Implementation management and oversight
- Training and support
- Debugging and “go-live”
Operations management and data reporting
For operations across all modes, PLG Consulting helps both shippers and carriers evaluate and implement systems to support and improve operations. Our success stories include:
- Multiple railcar track and trace system needs assessment, competitive bid process, and implementation
- Integration of track and trace data into company ERP systems
- Truck route and dispatch management and optimization software
- Electronic logging device (ELD) implementation for truck fleets
- In-plant inventory and vehicle control systems, including technology selection, fixed device placement, and data integration.
PLG Consulting helps you through the full process from technology needs assessment to vendor selection, implementation, training, and ongoing support.
We’ve got INSIGHTS!