Today’s podcast is focused on the process of selecting the right industrial site, transload locations and warehouses to optimize the supply chain. On the flip side, what is the best way for owners of industrial sites, ports, transloads and warehouses to market their facilities to users who understand the importance of robust transportation questions?
The decisions that executives make on sites have a long lasting impact on cost, speed and consistency of their companies’ supply chains. Same goes for the port, transload and warehouse locations that buttress the logistics activities at the industrial park. But evaluating locations for transportation advantages and disadvantages can be a daunting task.
Helping businesses face this challenge is a new web-based service that PLG Consulting is launching called Industrial Navigator®. Industrial Navigator simplifies the process of searching for and marketing the properties and logistics facilities that play a critical role in the industrial economy.
Our host, Chris Bonura and PLG Consulting’s CEO, Graham Brisben discuss the power of Industrial Navigator. Graham founded PLG in 2001 and is a seasoned railroad and trucking executive with over 25 years of client engagement experience. Graham leads a team of fifty subject matter experts providing custom consulting services related to Industrial Navigator, including site selection, supply chain design, logistics procurement and optimization.
In this episode, Chris and Graham discuss the features and benefits of Industrial Navigator in helping companies more seamlessly search and market industrial properties including:
- How can selecting the right site and planning for a resilient supply chain affect the bottom line?
- How can Industrial Navigator help companies make smarter decisions when it comes to site selection and supply chain design?
- What was the inspiration for Industrial Navigator?
- Who should use Industrial Navigator and what are its benefits?
- How is Industrial Navigator different from other site search engines out there?
- What are the biggest challenges for people trying to market industrial sites, ports, transloads, and warehouses?
- How can I access Industrial Navigator today?