P.E., Senior Consultant
Rail | Green Energy | Renewables
Michael has had a distinguished career as a mechanical engineer in the railroad industry, specializing in locomotive engineering and technical management. He played a pivotal role in post-merger locomotive fleet assimilation, modernization, and crashworthiness improvements and was involved in the specification management for over 3,500 new locomotives.
Michael’s expertise includes introducing Distributed Power technology, expanding coal train capacities, emissions regulation compliance, and spearheading fuel efficiency projects. Recently, he has led investigative projects on cutting-edge technologies like dual-fuel locomotives using LNG and electronically-controlled brakes, emphasizing near-zero and zero-emissions technologies, ensuring their reliability and growth. He is a former AAR chairman and its longest-serving member with many other industry affiliations & publications.
- Union Pacific Railroad
- Sr. Director, Locomotive Engineering
- General Director, Quality, Training & Technical Services
- Chicago & North Western Transportation Co., AVP Motive Power
- General Motors – Electro-Motive Division, Mechanical Engineer
- S. Railway Systems, Associate Engineer